Belektron Ekotrading (hereafter “Company”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains how we use the information we collect about you and how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information. Please read the following carefully to fully understand our practices regarding personal data. By submitting personal data on registration to carboneutralife.com, you consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of such personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Policy. The site is operated by us. We are a limited liability company registered in Slovenia under company number 6656161000 and have our registered office at Cvetkova ulica 25, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, VAT number SI19751443.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, specifically, but not exclusively, any registration form on our site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to a service provided by us, purchasing the service through our site, posting material on or to our site (where permitted), requesting further services, or utilizing any future services we may offer. Information may also be requested when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or another company in our group of companies, and when you report a problem with our site;
- Upon registration to the My Account profile, we will request your first name, last name and email address;
- In the payment process, we will request your first name, last name, address, email address, and details of the payment card used for the purchase transaction;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- We may contact you by e-mail with special offers or by sending you our newsletter;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access;
- Such other data or information emailed by you to us or entered by you on our site.
How the information is used
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable us to supply you with further information about our company and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To aid us in providing you with assistance where you have requested services, further information, or logged an enquiry;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. To the extent that carrying out such obligations necessitates us disclosing your personal information to agents, contractors or other third parties involved in the performance of contracts entered into between you and us, you agree and consent to such disclosure;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- In order to comply with any of our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To monitor website usage in order to improve our services and site.
After successfully completing your carbon offset request, you will receive a Certificate of Carbon Neutrality and the official evidence confirming the offset credits you bought have been canceled in the Union Registry so that nobody else can benefit from them anymore. These two documents will both contain your first and last name.
We will disclose your personal information (first and last name) to the Union Registry during the process of canceling credits on your behalf.
We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes. You will neither receive unsolicited marketing communications from us unless you have agreed to this. We may, however, contact you from time to time as necessary with information or queries about your registration, subscriptions, your past and possible future purchases and/or your postings.
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To the extent necessary to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- If we have a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; to operate our systems properly; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our subsidiaries, affiliates, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- To trusted third parties who assist us in operating the site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
How do we protect your information?
We take our data security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, and review these measures regularly. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of customer information. All sensitive credit information is transmitted via technologies used by our site’s payment providers. These are standard methods of encrypting personal information and credit/debit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
In accordance with the above we will take appropriate security measures to guard against unauthorized access to your personal data or against its alteration, disclosure, or destruction. However, transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is therefore carried out at your own risk.
Where you have chosen (or we have provided you) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
In case of security incidents, followed by abusive disclosure or destruction of your personal data we will adopt several measures with the aim of damage limitation. You will be informed immediately and the report of the security incident will be sent to the Information Commissioner within 24 hours.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – They are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We use plugin Wordfence security and following cookies:
- Wordfence security (wordfence_verifiedHuman) – Used to separate human visitors from bots as part of a the WordPress Wordfence security plugin.
- Wordfence tracking (wfvt_XXXXXX) – Used to track users, which helps us to understand how people use the Site and the Service.
- Cookies expire after 1 day.
We use Google Analytics cookies for monitoring website traffic. It allows us to optimise our website for search engines and evaluate how easy our site is to find on the web. All Google Analytics information is recorded anonymously and does not provide or share any user-identifiable information. The Google Analytics Advertising Features that we have implemented are:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics,
- Google Analytics Demographics,
- Interest Reporting to get an idea of our demographics and users’ interests.
We use following cookies:
- _ga – Used to distinguish users. Expiration time: 2 years.
- _gid – Used to distinguish users. Expiration time: 24 hours.
- _utma – Used to distinguish users and sessions. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics. Expiration time: 10 min.
- _utmt – Used to throttle request rate. Expiration time: 30 min.
- _utmb – Used to determine new sessions/visits. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics. Expiration time: End of browser session.
- _utmc – Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Expiration time: 6 months.
More: Google Policy
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our Terms and Conditions can be found by clicking on this link.
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the sites and related services. We may also sell certain assets associated with the sites. As a result, please be aware that in such an event we may transfer some or all of your information to a company acquiring all or part of our assets or to another company with which we have merged. Under such circumstances we would, to the extent possible, require the acquiring party to follow the practices described in this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time. Nevertheless, we cannot promise that an acquiring company or the merged company will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
You have the right at any time to access the personal data that we hold about you by furnishing us with a written request. There is no fee for providing this information. We are concerned to ensure that at all times such personal data as we hold about you is accurate, up to date, and is not in excess of what we require to enable you to avail of our services. Therefore, if your personal information changes, or indeed if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please manage your personal data on this link.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com, or by letter at the address above, and asking us to cease contacting you for such purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
If you have any questions about this Policy, how we run the site, or your dealings with our site, please send your query by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Belektron Ekotrading d.o.o.
Cvetkova ulica 25